The official entry of Maniago into history is dated 12 January 981, when it is mentioned for the first time in an official document: it is a diploma signed by Emperor Otto II, with which the Patriarchate of Aquileia was confirmed as the owner of the court of Maniago.

Maniago is famous throughout the world for the production of knives and all kinds of cutting implements: the beginning of the history of Maniago blacksmiths can be dated back to 1453, when Nicolò di Maniago obtained permission from the Magistrato delle Acque in Venice to channel the water of the Còlvera stream into an irrigation ditch.

Con il sostegno di:
Io sono Friuli Venezia Giulia Credit Agricole Fondazione Friuli
IO CI VADO APS - C.F. 94144010306